BECHTHOLD JENSEN EYE CARE
Medical Optometry Established 1975
Bechthold Jensen Eye Care are experienced professionals ready to take care of all your eye health and eye wear needs. Quality eye exams, specialty contact lens fitting and managing of eye disease are just a few of our services. Call today.
We are monitoring the news and are following guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health, the State of Minnesota, and the Centers for Disease Control. The recommendation from the Minnesota Optometric Association is:
Eye care providers should continue to provide care for urgent and emergency visits when possible, this is not a mandate to close practices. It is important that eye care providers are available to triage calls by patients and handle urgent and emergency visits.
We are working to strike a balance between minimizing the risk of spreading COVID-19 and remaining available to provide care to our community and our patients so as not to overwhelm other health care facilities by turning away our patients. We appreciate your patience and flexibility.
In an effort to comply with current recommendations while minimizing health risk to our patients, the community at large, and our team,
we will remain open to offer services to patients whose eye care needs
are time-sensitive, including:
- people with broken glasses and no back up alternative
- people who are out of contact lenses and do not have adequate glasses
- people who have red eyes, eye pain, eye irritation, or similar new symptoms
- people experiencing new floaters, flashes of light, or sudden changes in vision
- people who have diabetes and require eye care
- people who have glaucoma or other eye conditions requiring regular monitoring
- people who have already scheduled follow up on existing conditions
- people who have any concerns about their eyes or vision outside of routine care
Some patients may be best served by a telemedicine visit instead of coming into the office- so call us to find out!
If you are scheduled for routine eye care and do not have a time-sensitive need such as those listed above, please reschedule your visit after March 31.
We have implemented a safe disinfection process to minimize risk
to visitors who need to come into the office including:
- frequent disinfection of commonly touched surfaces
- disinfecting all eyeglass frames after each try on
- limiting movement through the clinic by assigning each person one room for their entire visit
- ensuring safe "social distancing" and separation of people in the practice
- disinfection of all surfaces in the exam room following each patient visit
- minimizing unnecessary physical contact
- rescheduling patients who are ill
- requiring employees who are ill to stay home
among other safety measures.
Again, we have telemedicine options available, please call.
Thank you for your continued support.
BECHTHOLD JENSEN EYE CARE ADDS THE MAESTRO 2 OCT
We are excited to announce our newest technology addition to the practice- the Topcon Maestro 2 OCT. The Maestro 2 has OCT and photo capability, both of the front and back of the eye. This allows us to offer the most complete eye care, right here in Chisholm.
Mon - Thurs: 8:30am - 5pm
Sat - Sun: Closed